Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Chanukah special. The winners are......!

This will be a short blog.

I have to first thank all of those people who took the time to read my blog an leave such wonderful comments. I have decided to pick 3 winners. Each winner will receive a pattern of their choice and my newest seam gauge template including instructions on how to use it for perfect and consistent 1/4" seams.

The winners are Allison CB, Lindsay, and Jagarland! Hopefully they will read today's blog. I will attempt to contact them if I have contact information. All they have to do is let me know by email at tlischko@yahoo.com which pattern they want and their addresses.

This is my newest template. In all of my workshops I teach the importance of a consistent and accurate 1/4" seam allowance. I have used other company's templates, but not all of them are as accurate as one would think. I know that my template maker, Charles Brandy makes my templates extremely precise, so I have no questions as to whether the 1/4" hole is consistent from one template to the next. It is now listed on my website and is only $3.50. I include this template now in all of my workshop kits. (Click on the caption to take you there.)

1/4" seam gauge

I did say I would tell you how my Museum challenge quilt did once I heard. It won a 5th place ribbon. It will be included in the AQS book "New Quilts from Old Favorites" New York Beauty block. I will be sure to post when this book will be available for purchase on my website. I'm thrilled that it will be on display at the National Quilt Museum until July, 2016 and then on the road at the AQS quilt shows in 2016!

I received such wonderful comments on my Facebook page when I posted the announcement. 

In my next few blogs I will let you know more about how I got involved with the fabric companies and national magazines. 

I will be having a huge website clearance sale starting December 21 and ending the 31st.  I will be selling many of my fabrics for $8.00 a yard and less (some as low as $4.00 a yard). I want to bring in new inventory and my shop is very small so I need to make room. I hope you take a look and tell all of your quilting friends so I can have a successful year end sale. (Click on "clearance" to take you there.)

Clearance  

 As always; Do what you love and love what you do. Thank you for reading. Toby Lischko
 

2 comments:

mumbird3 said...

WOW!! I feel special - I'm smiling from ear to ear!!! Thank you so much!!!! Now you've made it hard to pick one pattern out of all those beauties!!!

jagarland said...

I'm very excited to have won and to receive a pattern from you. Also I can't wait to try out your new 1/4" template. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs.
and, I sure hope your quilt wins in the AQs competition.
Joan